Friday, February 24, 2017

Famous Last Words: Finding Normal Again



What a week it has been. Life decided to throw another curveball, and yet again, I wasn't prepared. I barely squeezed in one of the reading assignments. Maybe I'll find time over this weekend to get that extra credit assignment. Then I couldn't even do the story writing assignment. Pretty weird to say that my best writing was in accounting. My team had a case study to write up, and then we had to present it in class Thursday. I missed that. Sorry, Team Joe.

I was just finally getting back in the groove of things after the death of my grandma on my mom's side at the end of January. I had finally cleared up all of the homework I was behind on and was able to attend the Pink and Black Ball. I even finished up a club application. Then I got a call that my other grandma had died. And there went this past week. I've put so many miles on my car driving back and forth to home this past month. But it was worth it so that I could pay my final respects. Now we're terrified that the "bad news comes in threes" superstition might be true, at least true for our family. At least I've gotten to see a lot of family members I've not seen in a while.

Now I'm trying to save myself from drowning in homework once again. Hopefully, this will be the last time for a while. Thank God for this class and the ability to just skip assignments and still be fine. Really glad I got ahead earlier this semester, and now I think I'm going to devote Spring Break to getting ahead again. I also hope I finish my UPB exec application that is due Wednesday. I've enjoyed this year so much, and I'd love to do it again!

Speaking of UPB, our annual CollegeCon is happening! It ran fro 7-10 PM today, and it will run from 10 AM - 10 PM tomorrow at the student union. We're giving away a lot of cool prizes!

So now I'm just finding my way back to normal.

~ ~ ~

Image: Baseball Pitching Motion, via Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment