Sunday, February 5, 2017

Famous Last Words: Week Three, the Week of Stress

Week three proved to be an incredibly stressful week. Life happened. There was nothing I could've done to make the week a bit easier. But I survived; I didn't shut down. Finishing the readings was difficult, but luckily I had the extra credit assignment to make up for the missed reading on Monday.

I feel like I wrote to get by, not to improve. Sometimes that's what it takes to keep going, but I can't allow myself to continue to just "get by". I did, however, read a great story this week. It was about Jupiter (the Roman god), and it was really fun to read. The writer gave Jupiter a playboy persona, and it worked incredibly well.

As far as my other classes, there's a really weird contrast between this one and all of the others. Being in the college of business, most of my writing is business-like: short, to-the-point, succinct. This class makes me want to make all of my writing creative and fun; all of my other classes make me want to make all of my writing direct and unimaginative. I think, however, that working with both styles will really help me, both in technique and in being able to switch back-and-forth between the two styles as needed.

On campus, UPB is having its first ever UPB Week. Each day, there will be an event with prizes and free food. It's really exciting, and there is even a hella-hype promotional video.

For this class, I'm hoping to get ahead. If life decides to suck again, I'd like to be in a position where I have one less class to worry about. Luckily that's possible. Now I just need to motivate myself to do it. Also, hopefully, I survive my world music class. I just found the syllabus (it was oddly placed), and there's a 7-9 page essay due at the end. Help.

~ ~ ~
Image: Don't Panic Button, via Pixabay

No comments:

Post a Comment