Monday, February 13, 2017

Reading Notes: Arabian Nights, Part A

 

I really like this nested storytelling style. In regards to the story itself, I think it's a clever way of delaying time. I also like how each story would jump back a layer to give context to the current layer of the nested story. I also like how they aren't necessarily just stories. They could be real-life accounts. This makes me think of more of a circular story-telling technique. So while it's still nested stories, the last one flow into the first one. I think this is cool because then the reader could start at any story and still get all of it the same way from someone who started elsewhere. There's really not much more to write about Part A, since it's really only showcasing the nested storytelling technique. This is definitely something I'd like to try.

~ ~ ~

Bibliography: Arabian Nights by Andrew Lang

Image: Russian Nesting Dolls, via Flikr

No comments:

Post a Comment