Monday, April 3, 2017

Week 11 Reading Notes: Nursery Rhymes, Part A



I chose to read Nursery Rhymes this week because they are often very short. I feel like that gives me a plethora of opportunities to expand on them.

One story that stick out from the section "Tales", is Robin the Bobbin. Robin eats many things, but he is never full. In a retelling, I could make each thing a metaphor for something rather than a straightforward, hyperbole that it is in the nursery rhyme.

Reading from the "Proverbs" section, I could see myself taking "For Want of a Nail" and making it a longer story. It provides key details, but how those details come about would be completely up to me.

I really don't know how to take notes over nursery rhymes, to be honest. They are often childish, nonsensical rhymes. Sometimes they may have a moral behind them, but that is not always the case. A huge part is just making the stories flow well. I think between the two nursery rhymes I took notes of, I will have a good basis for my story come Wednesday.

~ ~ ~

Bibliography: The Nursery Rhyme Book by Andrew Lang

Image: The Nursery Rhyme Book, cover illustrated by L Leslie Brooke, source

No comments:

Post a Comment