Saturday, January 14, 2017

Tech Tip: Canvas Mobile App

In less than a minute, I had downloaded an app onto my iPhone that would give me convenient access to any course I am taking. Of course, the app to which I refer is the Canvas mobile app. Installation was very straightforward, and logging was just as easy. I've found the app to be incredibly useful because I'm not always around a computer, and an app (when properly made) makes navigation much more intuitive than using a browser on a phone. If I need to reference a syllabus, it's a few taps away. This is alone justifies switching from D2L. Education is further relying on technology and the Internet by the semester, so it makes perfect sense that this content should be just as available as seeing what a friend had for dinner on Instagram or what "share if you agree" is the latest trend on Facebook. In the past, I have constantly referenced the Canvas app, and I only see myself referencing it more often as more classes migrate to Canvas. I plan to continue using this app to keep up with the multitude of assignments and class alerts I'm sure to have. This app has been a bug-free, hassle-free experience I'd recommend to anyone.

3 comments:

  1. Todd,

    THANK YOU so much for sharing this. As we all know D2L was such a hassle when it was a mobile view. So thank you very much for sharing this insight. I followed your directions and now have the Canvas app on my phone as well!
    Thank you for going above and beyond and writing this blog post for everyone – that was very cool!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a tech tip?! YAY! I'm going to do this one for sure. I just found out this week that canvas has an app and I was pretty happy about that. I planned to download it at my earliest convenience for easier course access but I did not know that downloading the canvas app was one of the tech tips (to be honest, I just scanned until I found one that I thought would be useful for me and I did it and quit searching for the time being). I used to have the ozone app but it truly was pretty useless in my opinion. None of the content seemed to show up the way it should and grades never updated or things didn’t compute correctly, so it was a mess; a very unhelpful mess! I wasn’t very excited about canvas at first, because I’m not fond of unsolicited change in my daily routine. However, I have grown to actually like canvas and find it very useful and pretty easy to navigate. I’m so excited that I saw this now, so I can use it for my tech tip soon!

    ReplyDelete